Frequently Asked Questions
Divorce and other family legal issues can be confusing, and many individuals facing these situations are left with a number of questions regarding their legal rights and options. In order to address these common concerns, the skilled Woodlands divorce attorneys at the BB Law Group PLLC have compiled the following list of frequently asked questions and provided concise, straightforward answers to give you a basic understanding of what to expect.
If your questions remain unanswered or if you’d like to speak with a qualified member of our legal team, contact our offices today at (832) 534-2589 to discuss your case with a Woodlands family law attorney.
- Am I responsible for my spouse’s debts after divorce?
- Are there alternatives to uncontested and contested divorce?
- Can alimony payments be enforced if my ex-spouse won’t pay?
- Can alimony payments change?
- Can I punish my spouse during divorce for being unfaithful?
- Do I have to cite a “fault” if I want a divorce in Texas?
- Do I still need an attorney if my spouse and I agree on our divorce terms?
- How do I help my kids deal with my divorce?
- How much will a divorce cost?
- What are the benefits of divorce arbitration or mediation?
- What can I do if my ex-spouse refuses to pay child support?
- What counts as equitable distribution of property?
- What does a mediator actually do?
- What is the difference between contested and uncontested divorce?
- Why should I consult an attorney in an uncontested divorce?