Modifications to Visitation Agreements

When a divorcing couple has children, they will have to establish a child custody agreement. In certain cases, one parent will be granted full custody, which often means the other parent only has visitation rights. Such agreements mandate when and how often one parent will visit his or her child or children after a divorce is finalized. These agreements are enforceable by law and must be adhered to; however, as a child grows and both the parents’ and child’s circumstances change, this agreement may need to be modified.

Reasons for Modifications

Modifications to child visitation agreements might be necessary due to many different factors, most of which involve the stability and safety of the children involved. For instance, some common reasons for modifications to child visitation agreements include:

  • A parent’s dependence on controlled substances
  • A parent is hazardous to a child’s wellbeing
  • Perpetual violations of visitation agreements
  • If the relationship between a parent and child becomes violent
  • The changed living situation of one or both parents

All of these factors could mean that a change in a child visitation agreement is necessary or in the best interest of a child, and parents need to be prepared for this change.

Contact Us

When you are in need of making changes to a visitation agreement or your ex-spouse is seeking changes that you do not agree with, having the support of a qualified attorney is critical. At BB Law Group PLLC, our legal team is prepared to help anyone in such a situation and can provide you the guidance you need. Call (832) 534-2589 today to learn more about your situation.


Contact Us for a Confidential Evaluation

Bubble Chat Favorite Icon Client Testimonials

Don't change! You made it possible for this family to understand where we stood and how to work towards the best outcome.

See More